Monday, August 18, 2008

Pacifier Fairy Update

The Pacifier Fairy came and visited Gracie Saturday night... Laurie helped Gracie put all of her pacifiers in a gift bag and then hung it from the door knob of our spare bedroom (which is still a spare bedroom if anyone cares to visit...) The Pacifier Fairy came in the middle of the night and took the 'fiers. In their place, she left 5 plastic animals, not unlike the ones that Gracie's cousin Scottie has, and Gracie seemed to love...
Gracie has been a very big girl about it, and it hasn't been that big of a challenge to get her to sleep at night. Occasionally, she'll ask for her 'fier, and we have to remind her that she doesn't have a 'fier anymore. The Pacifier Fairy took them and gave them to other little kids that didn't have a 'fier, and she brought Gracie animals instead... She gets quite a pouty lip, and has cried a couple of times, but she cheers up quickly enough.
I think I failed to consider the best aspect of the Pacifier Fairy idea until after the fact... The best thing about a pacifier fairy, is that when your daughter is upset about not having a 'fier, and you're trying to comfort her, you can totally deflect blame to the Pacifier Fairy, and she holds no animosity towards you for taking it away. Bonus!!!!

I just realized that Laurie already posted about the fairy, but I'll post this anyway...

2 comments:

Raysha said...

I'm definately going to have to do that now. I'm glad that Gracie liked Scotty's animals......we should have just sent Scotty's to the "Pacifier Fairy" since he NEVER plays with them anymore.

Levi and Suzi said...

Okay, so don't ever worry about you and Laurie posting about the same things. It is fun to see both perspectives on the things you guys are doing, and it gives me that much more stuff to waste my precious "I have two kids now so I think I have no time." time on!